Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

A Time to Get and A Time to Lose...

Hey Hello Blogpeople,
So, um, yeah. The blog is on hiatus for a while. We're all okay here at Hubris House but life is kind of beating out art these days (I aim for a careful balance of the two) and blogish things are not on the horizon. Not that this blog is very artistic at all... but anyway.

Writing is also not really happening here- this is probably part of the blog problem- so there's nothing to report on that front either. A lot of writing, at least for me, happens when I'm not sitting in front of a monitor but I don't really even have that excuse right now. If I'm thinking about my book it's going on in some mysterious, inaccessible part of my brain.

One of the great things about being an unpublished writer is that I'm able to take my time if I feel like that's what I need to do. I'm able to write what I want to write, to take chances, to write something that's meaningful to me even if it won't appeal to anyone but me. I'm able to step away for a while. I kind of need to step away for a while. 

It's time for me to reevaluate where I want to go with this writing thing. My current five year plan is set to expire in January. It's a good time to reassess stuff.  

Really, I am not the same person I was five years ago. My old plan doesn't fit the new me. My goals now are not the same as they were then. I'm just not super sure I know what I need to do yet, but I have some ideas. One idea definitely has to do with the way I approach the query process. Until the book is complete it hardly matters. These maintenance issues are all consuming- to me- but they aren't exactly interesting to anyone else. I'll spare you the details. 

Anyway.

The blog will stay on hiatus for the remainder of the summer or mid-August, whichever comes first. If anything interesting or exciting happens I'll post. Otherwise, have a wonderful summer.

Yours,

M.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment